Saturday, July 7, 2007

Flickr, Alaska, and a Blonde...

I've thought about the prospect of leaving, it's going to happen soon enough. In the next year or so, I will hopefully be in Philadelphia. But we all know that's not what I'm really talking about. I've thought about Europa, quite possibly the West Coast again...then I thought - what about somewhere completely off the wall. Like Alaska. Sadly, I'm not much for winter sports, or else Alaska would be far more enticing. But what a conversation starter..."Really? What made you move out there?" "Well, I heard the fish was really good. No, seriously, it was really good." And they'd be forced to laugh and probably think I was a huge ass-hole for not answering their question honestly.


But really, I don't know why I'd want to move to Alaska. From what little I know of the place, it doesn't seem to have much of what I'm looking for in terms of an urban atmosphere. But I've always wanted one of those jackets with the furry hood lining - and it's just a bit ridiculous anywhere but Alaska, or maybe the North Pole, and Greenland, or Russia...you get the point. I also want to be part of a dog sledding team. Plus I hear the cold temperature and wind have this cool effect on your skin. I think I'd look good with a "weathered" face, like Clint Eastwood...damnit, if only I could grow a beard. Hmm, perhaps Alaska is a no go. I didn't think about the beard. I'm sure it's a prerequisite for males entering the State. "Excuse me sir...you have no beard. Guards! Take him away!"


Such is the way most of my dreams go...damn my inability to grow a beard...damn you to hell. I don't think I'd even grow a beard if I could. I mean it would probably be a real hassle eating potato salad. In fact, I bet it would be a pain eating all sorts of food. At least if you don't like food hanging off your face. But if you do, then I'd venture to say that a beard would be a top commodity. No - no beard for me, but...I would gladly rock a 5 o'clock shadow. I think they are the coolest things ever. It's a proper amount of "I don't give a fuck" mixed with, "yea I'm ruggedly good-looking". My jealousy is raging. It's like a giant flaming pole of envy. Why a pole? Well to that, I ask, why a ball? Seriously, why is anything set to violent flames always a ball? Aren't other shapes just as worthy descriptors when dealing with flaming objects? Why am I even talking about this?


Do we ever really grow up?On to some good news. While taking a gander at my personal myspace page and I noticed my flickr widget had a new bubble...it claims that one of my photos made it to flickr's "explore". After much perusal, I stumbled across a website more popularly referred to as "flickr toys" and used their web app called "scout" to find none other than Presti with his pants down as number 486 (out of 500 - hahaha) on April 28, 2007. Awesome! I don't really know what that means, but I'm glad I made it, at least one time. I barely made it, but when you consider the volume of photos uploaded to flickr per day, making it in the top 500 is like the top 0.5%. Yea - so I'm kind of a big deal now. No, I'm not, but I can still pretend. There are flickr members with over 100+ photos in there. I also found out that there are several groups devoted to tracking flickr's explore - and sadly it seems that it has ruined many people's lives. It's been referred to as "interestingness anxiety" apart from many other things. Funny thing with technology, it comes with newfangled disorders. Now that's interesting.


Also, I'd like to put out a public apology to a former classmate of mine, who shall remain anonymous, but I'll refer to her as blondie. Blondie and I had Chemistry 1 together back in high school. I did rather poorly in that class primarily due to my all too familiar "I'm Miguel and make funnies in class instead of paying attention" attitude. Blondie was a nice girl, relatively quiet back in the day, whom I sexually harassed incessantly every day I saw her. Another possibility of my poor performance in Chemistry could be attributed to my constant day dreaming of various sexual positions and acts performed with Blondie. Incase that was misleading, I did not have sexual relations with Blondie...but I definitely thought about it. So anyways, I run into her at the good ol' Tally Ho and proceed to small talk and thanks to several pitchers of Blue Moon (it was on special for 6 dollars), I repeatedly told her how I wanted to "fuck the shit out of her" back in high school. Oddly enough her response was, "aww. Thanks!" Yes, well, ok then. I'm sorry for my behavior. But not really - because I really did want to fuck the shit ouf her. *shrugs shoulders


On that note - fare thee well. And don't forget to wipe extra clean after pooping during the Summer months - let's keep certain things from getting overly hot and steamy. Agreed?


Update: 2 photos on flickr's explore!!

No comments: