Thursday, July 5, 2007

softball, picnics, and ducks.

Pennsylvania thunderstorms are wonderful, more so if you're under some kind of roof or another - and if you're not a dog. My dog grows terribly fearful when it rains. I don't understand it really...I guess I could see the fear when she was a puppy, but after several years I'd think she'd be over it. Hell, who knows...I don't mind the company at night either, as my cats no longer tend to sleep in my room, it is nice to have Misty sleeping at the foot of my bed.


I've had a rather enjoyable break this past week - minus one little glitch, which I'll get into a few paragraphs down. Even though I've been coughing my way around the Lehigh Valley for about a week now, I'm glad to say the worst of my flu is gone. I even got an "A" in Trigonometry, after what I thought was a horrendous final exam. But I guess I did alright. 4.0 still in tact!


A close friend Mikey Blair came home for a few days. He's stationed down in North Carolina and I rarely get to see him. But whenever I do, it's always good. Lots of beers, burgers, and more beers. Thankfully he had a tent setup outside so wetness was kept to a minimum. Actually that was the second picnic I attended this week. The first one was after a slow-pitch softball game at Ben's house, who by the way had some excellent food - thanks to the cooking skills of Jackie.


Showing off the sweaterAnd speaking of slow-pitch softball - my buddy Graham was donning the greatest outfit known to the slow-pitch softball league. Yes, that's him, pictured to the right, showing off the "sweater" underneath the jean jacket vest - complete with cut off jean shorts, or "jorts" for you in-crowd individuals. The original outfit included a t-shirt with faux buff body screen print - which, if you could imagine only added to my amusement upon it's removal. Oh, the irony. I guess you had to be there.


rounding thirdThe game itself was a lot of fun. It was a beautiful day, and I got to catch up with one of Graham's sisters, whom I haven't seen in several years. Maura's (Graham's sister) husband, Brad Fry has been in several bands since I first met them several years ago. They've gotten signed by Sub Pop Records, whom you might know through such bands as The Postal Service, The Shins, Sleater-Kinney, Soundgarden, The Reverend Horton Heat...and the list goes on. The band's official website can be found at www.whitedenim.com/pissedjeans. So I found that a bit exciting, and I hope they become huge and I can say, hey - I kind of know them. haha.


Before, I get into a small, yet annoying incident that occurred on Weds, take a look at this comic strip. It's about photography and ducks. The original site is WTD.





Now back to our regularly scheduled blog. Well just the other day my mother knocks on my door and asks, can we have a talk next week, I'm off on Weds. I say sure, thinking, fuck here we go again. So Tuesday rolls around and my mom texts me about our talk and I said I thought it was Weds...blah blah blah, let's just say this "talk" didn't start out the best way possible. So after a pre-emptive verbal whipping on a slightly hung-over Wednesday morning, my mother and I sit down to talk. At first it was the generic what are you doing about transfers, etc. That was fine and dandy. And what came next was just a little nerve-racking, confusing, and plain old unnecessary.


You know what - I don't even want to get into it. I simply want to say. Fuck it.

No comments: