Thursday, September 6, 2007

with a blanket and a pillowcase

These words don't come easy, but then again, nothing seems to do so since this Fall semester. I am beside myself at night, sweating, tossing and turning in my lilliputian bed. The fan on my ceiling spins as it's brass trimming blurs in an aged golden yellow, and the wind it circulates swims across my skin. There is peace that comes with this loneliness, and while it sounds like I'm sad or at the very least a little melancholy, I am quite happy.

I've had a good Summer, I've seen a lot of smiles, and I've even seen a new place. I've taken one too many shots, I've laughed so hard I cried, and I've even quit smoking...for the most part. I've seen so many movies, I've come to terms with the fact that girls fresh outta high school are traffic stopping hot. I'm ok with the fact that I don't like the latest style in jeans, I've come to terms with coming close and my affinity for "almost there". I am ok with the fact that everyone is generally too busy, and I've remembered how to let it slide.

Here's to the Fall, the Winter, and the Spring; to Saturdays, to good mornings without "I love you-s", to good evenings with alcohol and a certain few I can truly call friends, here's to the naps I'll have between muscle aches and countless chapters read, here's to the dreams I face - armed with nothing but a blanket and my pillowcase.

No comments: