Sunday, June 17, 2007

Material Possessions

Moving home has afforded me some much welcome luxuries. One of which is mommy's generosity when it comes to new clothing. I am the proud owner of some swanky new t-shirts (along with a new pair of Dickies, a hat and a pair of kicks). Now I'm sure many of you don't really see that as something to be too excited about. But it has been years since I've bought a t-shirt that wasn't completely utilitarian (I generally only bought the most basic of necessities, packs of plain white undershirts for example). I am a huge fan of Ambiguous and their brand of tees. Note that the maroon shirt is made by Volcom.





And aside from my new-fangled sexalicious t-shirts - which by the way have become my latest obsession - my wonderful parents have given me the ok to get my eyes checked out. And along with it, a brand spankin' new pair of spectacles. So I took my skippy ass to Fox Optical, in the South side of Bethlehem. Fox Optical was one of the first to offer some of the Lehigh Valley's funkiest frames, albeit expensive, the people and service are exceptional. They've also been rather kind to a brokedown mother fucker like me - with discounts and payment plans that few others would even bother with. Keep a look out, and I'll post a pic of my new frames within the next week.


I've also been on the lookout for a new camera bag. My current photo "satchel" (lovingly referred to as a man purse by many of you) is just a bit too small for Niki. While I'm considering a more traditional and minimalist style from the likes of Domke, the same manufacturer of my current camera bag, I've been intrigued by Chrome's messenger style offerings. Chrome is a San Francisco based company known famously for their seat belt buckle style strap and Clint Eastwood-ian ruggedness. Of course, the messenger bags from Chrome are not traditionally used for photographic equipment, I've found inserts from another company called Crumpler, that would act as a padded "bucket" for Niki and various accessories.

I vaguely remember a friend of mine who had one back in SF. In fact, I remember pulling a dickhead move and pressing the buckle causing the bag to fall off of him. For that, I'm sorry John - nice bag by the way. As far as multi-purpose bags go, I think this easily takes the cake. But seeing as my time spent in suburbia seldom requires such a bag (I drive everywhere anyways), I can't really justify it quite yet. But...when I'm in Philly (fingers-crossed), I'm sure it will come in quite handy. I am leaning towards a more photo-centric bag though, as my main concern is protecting Niki while in transport. But either way, the bag(s) are pretty far down on my list. A plane ticket and a lighting rig are several steps above them.


I know the blog isn't as reflective, in fact it's not really reflective of anything at all. But I've been trying to post more regularly and frankly, if I were to self-reflect that often, I'd probably go insane. Thanks for reading out there wherever you are.

No comments: